First and foremost, happy new year guys ! I hope it was one spent with great love and top-of-the-line company.
I’m thankful to see another year and looking forward to what I strive to pull out of the rabbits hat in 2017. I wanted to make a list of 10 reminders to myself this year & share with you a couple from my "butcha sh*t" list. BUT. first I want to start with my Instagram post on the eve of (DEC 31st) the following:
I wanna take this day slow, revisit the beginning and reminisce on every detail of its past. I don't believe in new things, only continuation & progress. Today, the#LastDayOf2016 - another year now embedded in our history - we reflect, pause, rethink and adjust because 2016 was only the start, just like any other year #2017 will be the addition, the bonus we are given, not to waste or bask in the mistakes but to thrive, excel, master and continue [to] hustle.
and that pretty sums up what any and every New Years means to me. Another year to Do Better, Be Better.
THE 10 LIST
Moving forward, I can’t pin point what it is exactly I want to make out of this year but the following is an overview of what's cooking thus far.
This website - I will continue updating the site. This year I want to deliver at 2 post each week and add new styling and photo works every other day.
- Friends & More - the older I get the more and more I realize that quality friends truly make all the difference. So as this sector goes, I will be more open-minded and sensitive to meeting more like-minded, inspiring and respectful people in hopes of building strong relationships.
- Video life - the new wave of social media and the social life. Will try to implement more video into my work and any behind the scenes worthy happenings.
- Continue to help grow Style Link Miami and create a buzz around the #StyleInTheCity campaign - which looks to link both local and worldwide city girls through style and fashion.
- Consistency, Consistency, Consistency - remembering this is the key to anything that I strive to do and want to succeed in !
- Picking and sticking to a balanced diet routine that best suits my lifestyle and standards to maintain high levels of energy throughout the day while decreasing fatigue or burnout.
- Publish my first coffee book of my styled and photographed fashion editorials.
- Beauty & Fashion - 1. Invest in better wardrobe items, 2. keep up with a steady skincare regimen, 3. Bring out the afro more often & 4. maintain nails and eyebrows at all times
- Continue uploading and sharing my closet on Poshmark @houseshe and increase IG following at @shophouseshe by 15%
- Lastly, assemble a small team to assist on Style Link Miami and IP projects